The Human Resources department from our sister hotel Banff Park Lodge manages all job applications for Bow View Lodge. To apply for a position please complete the Online Application Form. If you wish to send a cover letter, resume, or letters of reference, you may email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or you may send your package by mail to:
Banff Park Lodge
Attention: Human Resources
222 Lynx Street
P.O. Box 2200
Banff, Ab., Canada
Please contact Human Resources for more information.
We thank you for your application; however, only those applicants selected for consideration will be contacted.
Seeking a full-time, permanent Chef De Partie, required to work day shifts, evening shifts, weekends and holidays with opportunities for overtime. The salary for this position is based on experience, 32-40 hours per week.
Duties Include (but are not limited to):
• Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities for a formal hotel dining room
• Estimate food requirements, prepare and cook meals and specialty foods including dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
• Instruct cooks in preparation, garnishing and presentation of food and in new cooking techniques
• Plan menus, ensure quality of food and portion control and create new recipes
• Requisition food, kitchen supplies and equipment
• Supervise cooks and kitchen staff
• Cook trade certification required from a recognized vocational or technical college
• Three or more years’ experience in commercial cooking
• Fluent in English language (orally and written, and accurate numeracy)
• Working with others and supervising in a team environment
• Must be bondable
• Must possess good sense of taste, good health and stamina, excellent hand eye co-ordination, good math skills, good memory for details, and be artistic and have a creative talent
• Must have excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills and team building skills
• Must have excellent organizational skills and maintain a calm demeanour